Excellent platform for database management.Antony Peel
Microsoft offers a free version of SQL Server (possibly the best database management platform): SQL Server 2012 Express. It has all the power of the database engine included in the full application with the exception of a few restrictions.
SQL Server 2012 Express has all the potential of the SQL Server 2012 professional solution.
Thus, it's the perfect environment for the development of desktop and web applications that require reliable and secure storage of data.
Some of the main features of SQL Server 2012 are:
- Capacity to store up to 10 GB for the databases created.
- Total compatibility with SQL Server and SQL Azure.
- Simple backup and restoration.
Versions available of SQL Server Express
SQL Server 2012 is available in different versions according to the needs of each user, thus some of the editions include the database engine (recommendable for those developers that have to create databases from scratch), while others only include tools.
- LocalDB, the new lightweight version of Express. Accomplish a quick installation without any complications.
- Express, the version offered in this download, that only contains the database engine.
- Express with Tools, that allows you to configure SQL Server as a database server (includes both LocalDB and Express).
- SQL Server Management Studio Express, a pack that only includes the instance management tools for SQL Server.
- Express with Advanced Services, the most complete options that, as well as the database engine, includes Express Tools, Reporting Services and full text search.
Download SQL Server 2012 Express for free now!
- SQL Server Express (only with the database engine) can work with .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or .NET Framework 4; it isn't necessary to have both enabled.
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2.